cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

room kit pro

monte.wildey1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a room kit pro with a precision 60. i want to use the camera from the connected pc what needs to be done.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Room Kit Pro / P60 is not designed to be used as a camera for a PC.   The Room Kit Mini is the only device in the current line-up that would allow you to do this natively.

You could however add some additional AV components in to the mix to allow you to split off the HDMI from the camera before it goes to the Room Kit Pro and feed this in to your PC with a suitable HDMI capture device (such as a Magewell USB Capture device).  You won't get all the camera control out of this as it's purely for the video capture, and will still need to use the Room Kit Pro's native camera control functionality (via Touch10, CLI, xAPI, etc).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Re: room kit pro
The Room Kit Pro / P60 is not designed to be used as a camera for a PC. The Room Kit Mini is the only device in the current line-up that would allow you to do this natively.
You could however add some additional AV components in to the mix to allow you to split off the HDMI from the camera before it goes to the Room Kit Pro and feed this in to your PC with a suitable HDMI capture device (such as a Magewell USB Capture device). You won't get all the camera control out of this as it's purely for the video capture, and will still need to use the Room Kit Pro's native camera control functionality (via Touch10, CLI, xAPI, etc).

My question now is the about the suitable video capture device. Will any hdmi to usb capture card work? I am unable to purchase the magwell.

Yes, you should be able to use any USB HDMI Capture device, as long as it supports the 1080p60 input signal and then appears on your PC as a device that is suitable for whatever software you want the video to appear in.  Most capture devices allow the HDMI connected device to appear as a web camera to the OS, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding something that works.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.