Helpful
Replies

SX20 version TC6.0.1.65adebe upgrade

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

Software version: TC6.0.1.65adebe

Product: Cisco TelePresence SX20

I am trying to find a suitable upgrade to this SX20 unit as it keeps losing connection to the console. Searching on CCO non of the SX20 images include the 65adebe.

When i try to upgrade directly on the unit to any TC6 releases available on CCO the file image is not correct according to the unit.

I am stuck as to where to source the correct software.

Any advice?

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

65adebe is just part of the build number for that particular software version, you should be searching the download section for the product, which is "sx20", and it should take you to the SX20 Software Download page.

Because you're running TC6.0, you'll require a release key in order to upgrade the software, the endpoint must be on an active service contract in order to obtain one.  Release keys can be requested from the Cisco Licensing Portal > Get Other Licenses > TelePresence Software Release Key.  Note, once you upgrade to TC6.1 and later, a release key is no longer required to perform software upgrades, just an active support contract to download the software is then needed.

Something you'll need to consider if you want to stay on TC software or upgrade to CE software, there is a good diagram in the CE8 Release Notes that can help you in making that choice.  In either case, be sure to reach through all the release notes of the various software so you're aware of any changes in features and behavior etc.

If for some reason the SX20 isn't on an active service contract and you're unable to get a release key, you can contact TAC with security advisory cisco-sa-20160504-tpxml or  cisco-sa-20160927-openssl and they should be able to provide you one so you can upgrade the software.