cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence C, MX, EX, SX series endpoints custom directory/phonebook on CUCM

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

When using Cisco TelePresence endpoints like the C, MX, EX, SX series natively registered to CUCM, the phonebook, that gets automatically pushed to all these devices is of Type CUCM, with URL https://<CUCM-IP-Address>:8443/cucm-uds/users

With Cisco IP Phones, we are able to push our own service for the phonebook (something similar, like we had with the TMS) by utilizing the External Data Locations Information fields on the phone configuration page.

These fields are also present for the CTS TelePresence systems, but not for the C, EX, etc.

Any development thoughts how to overcome this issue ?

I also looked at the Favorites fields, and could not find a way to set it up through the SSH API CLI interface.

How is this/if it is supported ?

Thanks,

Mihail

2 Replies 2

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mihail,

When you have TC endpoints (C, SX, MX, EX) registered to CUCM, unfortunately, you must to use CUCM as phonebook server, you cannot point another phonebook URL in the endpoint configuration, that is not supported officially, including the URL of TMS. If you configure any URL other than CUCM, when you press "apply config" button in CUCM, then CUCM will rebuild the configuration in the endpoint and it will set the correct URL pointing to itself.

In another words, at this moment, you don't have custom phonebooks when having TC endpoints registered to CUCM, you only have one single global phonebook.

However, I really believe that Cisco is going to improve this feature in the future, my hint is, in the future, we will be able to use TMS to apply custom phonebooks to endpoints registered to CUCM. But for now, it is not supported.

Well, I have made a workaround to have this working using TMS, it is working for me, but it is not an oficial deployment, therefore I cannot suggest you to use it, even though I think it would be something nice to investigate . Take a look at this post, please, read all details, including the limitations:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3985005#3985005

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Mihail,

Can you provide some feedback on this topic?  =)

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".