Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Addressbooks

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone experienced problems before with phonebooks in TMS?

If we add a new MOVI user in TMS then add that user to the Phonebook sources, within MOVI that user does not appear in the phonebook unless we go to the user we have just created in the phonebook on TMS and change the call type from SIP to H323 then back to SIP again.

We thought maybe we have to wait for TMS to push the phonebooks out but this isnt the case as we have tested this before changing the call type and the user doesnt appear in MOVI.

Any ideas?

Dean

3 Replies 3

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

Are you manually creating phonebook entries for Movi users? You are not using a Provisioning Directory phonebook?

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI

What I think he is doing in this case is that he has a manual list phonebook and he is adding a contact + a contact method and gives access to movi groups. The entry does not appear in Movi phonebook unless a change is made to the contact method or the source is checked and click the button "Update" on the source in "Manage Phonebooks".

This is a workaround. I have already created a bug for this a while ago. However the way this works has changed in the new provisioning model. The user will not show up right away though in the new model using the same procedure. It has to be synched, either when the polling time triggers to check for updates or by clicking the synch button manually.

In the current model the user is not appearing at all. I have tested this and I am able to reproduce it. Even after xx hours the entry does not appear, I do not think I have seen it appear unless I have changed something or updated it.

Dean is this what you are experiencing? With a manual list phonebook source? If not please explain what kind of source you are using.

The bug number is by the way: CSCtx01038 for the issue I described.

Since the new provisioning model is on its way I do not think it is likely to expect a lot of bug fixes on the old provisioning model. This has to be tested in the new model and improved by feature request/bug if necessary.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Yes you are correct. Thanks for the reply as I thought we were the only people with the issue. Good to know a Bug has been raised.

Dean