Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch Pad MX300 Extension

If it possibel to get a extension, who is connected to a MX300.

We need a longer cable.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Karsten Feldsieper               

5 Replies 5

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi  karsten,

In order to extend the lenght you would have to use the power adapter

PSU-DVC-POE13V=

this will help you to attach the tocuh on the network and hence you can exten teh length of the cable.

there no other extender cable available.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Ravi Kr.,

Do you know if there is a cable extender I can order for the EX90 unit touch panel?  I would like to use a similar length as even the MX300, but anything longer than the current approx. 2ft cable.

Thanks in advance,

Arras V. Martin

Hi Arras,

you can order the above mentioned Power suplly adaptor (PSU-DVC-POE13V=) which connects to you touch pad on network , however on your ex90 the handset will not work any more only the touch pad will work as of the MX/C - series codec.

MX/C series touch pad which is longer (7.5m cable) than the EX series touch pad (120 Cm)

i suppose i answered your question.

Thanks

Ravi kr.

Dear Ravi Kr.,

thanks for your answer, now i have one question to connect the Touch Pad with the Power Supply to the MX300.

The Cisco C-Series works with the Touch Pad and Power Supply. Both (Codec and Touc Pad) became a own IP adress and will be connected. But the MX Series have no "Pairing Mode", at the C-codec there is in the OSD a function to paired both components. How does it works with the MX300?

Thanks and kind regards

Karsten Feldsieper

Hello,

when using the PSU-DVC-POE13V= power supply, you connect the touch panel to this PSU which also has a normal ethernet connecter, which you connect to your network as to provide network connectivity to the touch panel. The touch will normally acquire an IP address via DHCP. Once the touch is booted it will ask the user with which codec to pair. At that stage, you can enter your MX300 IP address and the touch will establish 2 ssh sessions to the MX300. During that pairing process you will also be prompted for the admin username and password of your MX300. Then the touch panel will be able to control your MX300. C-Series have a 2nd network port where one can connect the touch panel. That's not the case on MX300. Still, one can connect to the main interface and IP address of the MX300, as long as the touch has IP reachability towards the MX300.