Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conducting PoC ThousandEyes

Dear Community,

Kindly ask, I am new to thousandeyes technology

please kindly need your suggestion if I want to conduct PoC for the thousandeyes that the goal can prove the issue is outside their campus network. What should I prepare is there any pre-requisites to do it?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Eric_Liu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @febryoponcosulistyo, you can leverage Enterprise agent to achieve that.

Enterprise agents provide an ‘inside-out’ visibility to your network and they should be placed where you want to run your test. For example, if you want to monitor your SaaS applications, Enterprise Agents should be placed at all locations where you have significant concentrations of users.

After the deployment of the agent, you need to configure tests that simulate how users connect to the network. 

For example, you have chosen HTTP server test which incorporates an HTTP server connection, network layer agent-to-server test, and a BGP test, all monitoring the same target.

Then you can check the test result for analysis. For example, you can check path visualization view which shows all network paths between the selected agents and the target URL or IP. Packet loss/latency/jitter can be detected and show up on the path so that you can see whether the issue is outside or inside. If the error is on the server side, you can see the error code returned from the HTTP Server view.

If the target is a SaaS application, users from other parts of the world may have been impacted if the issue is outside of the campus. You can use cloud agents to simulate the users from other locations and run the test to approve that.

Pre-requisites:

Thousandeyes account. You can apply for trial at the below link:

https://www.thousandeyes.com/signup/

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @Eric_Liu ,

Thank you for kind response and detail explanation

what my customer's goal is to achieve the evidence that they want to check for email issue that occured recently they use exchange on prem still I can use this enterprise agent to do it?

Thank you

Hi @febryoponcosulistyo, it depends on what issue you would like to check/isolate. TE can help you check the availability of the exchange server via Agent-to-Server tests. You need to find the test target(IP address or URL), protocol(TCP/UDP) and port.

Here is an example of the mail flow in exchange for your reference. The customer's use case may vary.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/deployment-ref/network-ports?view=exchserver-2019

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Agree with Eric, additionally if you are a Cisco Partner, dCloud has some really nice labs which you can schedule for POC, if you not a partner and have a Cisco SE, they can also schedule lab for you.

Sales connect has thousandeye blackbelt certification which is really well designed, you also get access to lot of presentations on troubleshooting and similar issues.

Lastly Cisco Live on demand has few great sessions on thousand eye you can refer to, search for "Mohit Lad", he is one of the original founders.

-hope this helps-