cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ENDED] Capture the Flag event, earn your badge & a T-shirt!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you to everyone who participated in this event! For those of you who qualified for a t-shirt we will be in touch with an order link and code for you to use to order it. The profile badge will update over the course of the next month, and will be visible on your Community Profile page. You can access your profile by selecting your name from the upper right hand corner of the community and selecting 'My Profile'.

Introducing the ThousandEyes Support Community Capture the Flag event. Complete the mission to earn a unique badge to display on your community profile page. Learn about navigating the Community and how to post, reply, and participate in the conversation!

What is Capture the Flag? How do I participate?

• Capture the Flag, or CTF, is a next generation learning platform where people can obtain hands-on experience in a gamified environment
  • During a CTF game, the player is given a series of treasure-hunt-like tasks (aka flags), that are done in a real environment with the goal of obtaining an understanding of how things work.
  • Players will need to register an account in the Capture the Flag portal, there is no cost to register or play
  • Once registered, begin your mission here! 

When is the Capture the Flag event?

• February 26th 2:30 PM PST - March 4th 2024 2:30 PM PST

Why should I participate?

• Because it’s fun!
  • Learn about the basics of navigating and participating in the ThousandEyes Support Community
  • Anyone who participates and completes the mission during the timeframe (2.26.24 - 3.4.24) will receive a “ThousandEyes CTF Champion” badge on their community profile page as proof of their champion status within one month of completion.
  • The first 50 participants to complete the mission and capture all the flags will qualify for a ThousandEyes t-shirt 

Do you have questions? Ran into any issues? Please let me know by using the ‘reply’ button to add a comment on this post, and I will work with you on correcting it!

16 Replies 16

phil-aus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Tyler Langston  - Just tried to join the CTF mission but it says the event is over. 
The dates for the event show as last week. 

philaus_1-1709024604013.png

manish malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil,

You can try to open the link from mail itself.

ThousandEyes Community: Capture the flag, get the badge!

manish malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tyler - is there single mission for this CTF?

chrismeisner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tyler, I'm getting the same when I log in. The event shows it is over. Thanks

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@phil-aus , @chrismeisner  - apologies for the confusion! I included the test run link in my post instead of the actual one! 

Correct Link: https://thousandeyes-en.ciscoctf.io/user/event/join?e=6GHHSK&key=c1ffd793-5a1c-4a67-a88b-bc8754b7a434 

I've also updated the link in my original post - sorry about the confusion and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

@Tyler Langston - No worries, I was able to access the CTF with this link. Thank you

@Tyler Langston  Thank-you. Link is working now and just completed the CTF

Thank You for the new link! 

snmitrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just finished as well - should we expect more missions to be added?

@snmitrov - there are definitely other missions on the subject of ThousandEyes that we could use in the future.

saw 5 missions is there more?

@arun.chackasseril - I think there are more than that available on the topic of ThousandEyes, but some of them were created long enough ago that we would want to review them for continued accuracy prior to launching them again. 

If you mean the Mission on the topic of the support community there are 6 flags!

The community doesn't like an honest answer when trying to finish the last flag ... But the flag can be captured by posting a link to any conversation that was started.

KarstenIwen_1-1709451551026.jpeg

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Just started the challenge and hope to finish it today. Thanks.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***