cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ThousandEyes uses

bizzle
Level 1
Level 1
  • Which features do you use and how long did the implementation take? - Monitoring of critical office 365 services, took a week to setup,
  • What business problems did you solve using ThousandEyes? Do you have an interesting use case to share? - Solved a very tough networking problem on our VDI's!
  • What do you like most about the ThousandEyes platform? - Ease of use and the support from the team 
  • Do you have exciting plans with the ThousandEyes platform? - keen to get dashboards up and running
4 Replies 4

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@bizzle - thanks for sharing your ThousandEyes experience, great to hear that things were simple for you. Hoping that you can share your experience with dashboards in the future!

We'll be in touch over the next 2 weeks with instructions on how to claim your shirt. Congrats!  

HCL_Har
Level 1
Level 1

its great experience..

Billf8004
Level 1
Level 1

I'm fairly new to this as well.  We've been "fabricating" a few use cases in our lab, but I had a network issue in production (in Azure) and quickly deployed an agent into the subscription to get details about which hop was blocking a specific port.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get detailed information about each hop, but it did provide some visibility.

@Billf8004 wrote:

I'm fairly new to this as well.  We've been "fabricating" a few use cases in our lab, but I had a network issue in production (in Azure) and quickly deployed an agent into the subscription to get details about which hop was blocking a specific port.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get detailed information about each hop, but it did provide some visibility.

Hi @Billf8004 - great to meet you! Sorry to hear you didn't get as much information as you were looking for with your recent agent deployment. I ran this by our product experts and they had some thoughts:

There are multiple variables, so there isn't a straight answer for this. Multiple factors like the agent type used, the test type, the protocol in use, etc could all impact the outcome.  Could it be possible they were looking at white nodes (unknown nodes) in the path visualization? If this happened, they would need to allow the TTL Exceeded Responses in their Azure Network Security Group. The Azure Network Security Group must allow the inbound traffic for ICMP destinationPortRange 11. I also suggest this documentation as well.

If you're still running not getting the visibility you're looking for after checking on the settings mentioned above, you can always contact our support folks for additional assistance! They're speedy, thorough, and here to help - info on contacting them here.