Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Transaction Test with Content verification does not work

Thomas Buergi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I made a transaction test using the recorder. Just simple 3 steps.

1. url to authenticate (Target url)

2. url to request data (Load Page in script)

3. url to logoff. (Load Page in script)

The recorded script runs now properly in ThousandEyes showing all details like waterfall.

The customer needs me to verify content of requested data in step 2. The "Verify Content" option in advanced settings only seems to check the initial target url but not any subsequent page, which doesn't really help in my case.

Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thanks for your input

Thomas

1 Reply 1

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Thomas Buergi - sorry to hear that your test isn't working the way you'd expect. I asked our experts to have a look and they had some input for you:

It sounds like the customer would find success in identifying the specific element that they'd like to be present, and throw an error if the element isn't present. Alerts could be set for the errors. Our Docs briefly mention validation and provide a link to our GitHub examples repo. This may be helpful for them!

The content verification in advanced settings only works on the HTTP server layer. Meaning we will validate the response of the HTTP response with the regex they provide. For content validation on the transaction portion of the test, make sure they implement content validation logic in their transaction script like in the example on our github here.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card