cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acitools install help

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

I'm struggling getting this installed on my Win 7 laptop. I'm using Gitbash and the installation seemed to go ok. here is the last line after install
Using c:\users\m7551873\pycharmprojects\pythonproject4\venv\lib\site-packages
Finished processing dependencies for acitoolkit==0.4

So if i then try to use acitoolkit this happens

>>> from acitoolkit.acitoolkit import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\aci\acitoolkit\acit
oolkit\__init__.py", line 33, in <module>
from .aciTable import Table # noqa
File "C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\aci\acitoolkit\acit
oolkit\aciTable.py", line 33, in <module>
from tabulate import tabulate
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tabulate'

In this instance it's tabulate, but when i try again it'll be something else like "requests" or "jsonschema" or whatever you know?

how can i fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It could be the venv. When you are using pycharm, do you open the venv where acitoolkit along with the rest of requirements was installed? Do you see in the terminal the (venv) in the front of C:\Users\.. ? If not, most likely is not opening it.

I would say try this:

Create a new project in PyCharm (and select to create a new venv for the project), then in the terminal run:

git clone https://github.com/datacenter/acitoolkit.git
cd acitoolkit
python setup.py install

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Cheers,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seems like you do not have the requirements installed:  https://github.com/datacenter/acitoolkit/blob/master/requirements.txt

While in venv, move to the directory where the requirement file is and simply install them using:

pip install -r requirements.txt 

Cheers,

Sergiu

Hello and thanks for your help. I am using Gitbash as my terminal so when i click on terminal, it open gibash and i can seem to install acitoolkit. I've tested it from within gitbash and it seems to work!

The problem is when i try and implement anything through Pycharm which is my ide that's when i get the errors?
I can't say that I'm missing anycode becuae i've downloaded it and installed it from github, there shouldn't be any mising modules because it's the same code that seems to work through gitbash? is it sonmethin to do with the VEnv ?

It could be the venv. When you are using pycharm, do you open the venv where acitoolkit along with the rest of requirements was installed? Do you see in the terminal the (venv) in the front of C:\Users\.. ? If not, most likely is not opening it.

I would say try this:

Create a new project in PyCharm (and select to create a new venv for the project), then in the terminal run:

git clone https://github.com/datacenter/acitoolkit.git
cd acitoolkit
python setup.py install

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Cheers,

Sergiu

From Pycharm it says its my Path is  C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki\venv|Scripts\python.exe
I then fire up terminal FROM Pycharm and Gitbash goes to
C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki

So now I've changed on Gitbash to
C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki\venv\Scripts
it wont let me change it to C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki\venv\Scripts\pythone.exe
because python.exe isn't a directory so should it just work with
C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki\venv\Scripts   ?

Will this make a difference, i haven't reinstalled anything yet, just changed path

It WAS the Path, it is now working the way I want it to, i just had 

From C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki

To C:\Users\M7551873\netprog_basics\network_controllers\meraki\venv\Scripts

I wrongly assumed that Pycharm would automatically give Gitbash which is my chosen terminal the full path. Do you know why it doesn't do that and is there a way you can force it from Pycharm to automatically add the full path or will I always have to do it manually ?

Thank you so much for your help, you wouldn't believe how long this has took me to fix, it's been really frustrating, but I've learned a lot which is the main thing.

i have an issue installing the requirements.txt file.How can i ignore these ssl warnings?

CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)'))': /simple/websocket-client/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)'))': /simple/websocket-client/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)'))': /simple/websocket-client/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: