Views
Helpful
Replies

Few yang models are missing in the complied ydk-models-cisco-ios-xr package

kmathiya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

When tried to compile ydk-models-cisco-ios-xr with latest 7.2.1 models,  we could not compile the below UM models for our YDK 0.5.5 environment.

Pyang version : 1.7.4 or later

Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-arp-cfg.yang 
Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-bundle-cfg.yang 
Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-ip-address-cfg.yang 
Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-tunnel-cfg.yang 
Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-vrf-cfg.yang 
Cisco-IOS-XR-um-traps-mpls-ldp-cfg.yang

We are not able to isolate the issue as there are no specific errors, but these models are silently ignored. Corresponding .py file for these models are not generated, so we could not import these YANG models in our automation. Could you please help us to get better insight on this, as we are not getting a clue.

Logs:

(exec-20.03.10) jkalaise@theneer ~ > python

Python 3.5.0 (default, Jun 14 2016, 17:27:33)

[GCC 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9)] on linux

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

import ydk

from ydk.models.cisco_ios_xr import Cisco_IOS_XR_um_router_static_cfg as xr_um_static_cfg ----- Can import this model

from ydk.models.cisco_ios_xr import Cisco_IOS_XR_um_if_vrf_cfg as test ----- Could not import this as we could not generate .py out of this YANG and no error reported, it was siliently ignored

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

ImportError: cannot import name 'Cisco_IOS_XR_um_if_vrf_cfg'

Regards,

Kousalya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

saalvare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think your models are missing.  Make sure you understand the structure of the YANG modules.  Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-* are augmentations of Cisco-IOS-XR-um-interfaces-cfg.  You won't see separate Python modules for the augmentations.  All data nodes should resides under the Cisco_IOS-XR_um_interfaces_cfg module.

Cisco-IOS-XR-um-traps-mpls-ldp-cfg is also an augmentation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yangorelik
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Kousalya

This is expected outcome, because YDK currently does not support YANG 1.1. The installation of pyang 1.7 is also not supported, because its API is not compatible with pyang 1.6, which is one of requirements for YDK-0.5.5 installation.

Cisco needs to find resources to address this very important enhancement.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

Hi Yan,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have few more queries on this compilation issue.

1. I tried upgrading to pyang 1.7.4 in YDK0.5.5 env,  able to compile models without any errors( UM models were missing in Package)

2. Generated same package with YDK 0.8.3 + pyang 1.7.4 and found UM models are missing in that as well.

As per your comment, API is not compatible with 1.6 and cannot upgrade to Pyang 1.7.4 in YDK0.5.5 env.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I am able to upgrade Pyang 1.7.4 in both YDK0.5.5 and YDK0.8.3, able to generate pkg but UM models are not added.

Also could you help me with exact requirement to get this enhancement added. So that I can request CISCO dev team to address the same.

Thanks,

Kousalya

Hi Kousalya

The YDK is not built to work with Pyang 1.7. If you want to work with current YDK releases of 0.5.5 or 0.8.4, you have to downgrade your Pyang installation to 1.6.

Also. When building the model bundle with generate.py you can use '-v' flag to enable debugging logging. That will help you to identify the issues with 'um' modules.

Regarding enhancement. I am not a Cisco employee anymore and not in position to provide you with requested help. If your team is really need this and other YDK enhancement, please talk to your managers, who should find internal resources or hire me to do this work.

Yan Gorelik
YDK Solutions

saalvare
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think your models are missing.  Make sure you understand the structure of the YANG modules.  Cisco-IOS-XR-um-if-* are augmentations of Cisco-IOS-XR-um-interfaces-cfg.  You won't see separate Python modules for the augmentations.  All data nodes should resides under the Cisco_IOS-XR_um_interfaces_cfg module.

Cisco-IOS-XR-um-traps-mpls-ldp-cfg is also an augmentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: