cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PyATS/Genie Parser - Disable enable password on testbed

Eddy Christian
Beginner
Beginner

Is there a way to disable enable password on the testbed when connecting to Cisco devices ?

I'm trying to do genie parser but it fails since I don't have access to enable password. I can only login to user mode.

2022-06-07 04:27:51,438: %UNICON-INFO: connection to Host
TACACS Password: Using a default key as pyATS configuration under [secrets] string.key was not specified.
Host> 2022-06-07 04:27:52,930: %UNICON-INFO: +++ initializing handle +++ enable Password: Credential enable not found, trying default ... Using a default key as pyATS configuration under [secrets] string.key was not specified. % Access denied Traceback (most recent call last): File "src/genie/cli/commands/parser.py", line 339, in genie.cli.commands.parser.ParserCommand.parse File "src/genie/conf/base/device.py", line 527, in genie.conf.base.device.Device.parse File "src/genie/conf/base/device.py", line 571, in genie.conf.base.device.Device._get_parser_output TypeError: device is not connected, output must be provided. 100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████| 1/1 [00:02<00:00, 2.55s/it]
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JanKrupa45054
Beginner
Beginner

@Eddy Christian you can try set:

goto_enable = False

Look at https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/unicon/docs/user_guide/connection.html#python-apis arguments:

• goto_enable: Boolean option to enable/disable connection behavior to go to enable state after setting up connection. Default is True. (Optional)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JanKrupa45054
Beginner
Beginner

@Eddy Christian you can try set:

goto_enable = False

Look at https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/unicon/docs/user_guide/connection.html#python-apis arguments:

• goto_enable: Boolean option to enable/disable connection behavior to go to enable state after setting up connection. Default is True. (Optional)

Eddy Christian
Beginner
Beginner

great. it works. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers