cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create thin provisioned Cluster Lun

lukasm
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a cluster LUN on a NetApp array for which I use the out-of-box task "CreateClusterLUN" in the NetApp Tasks directory. However, it turns out to create a thick provisioned LUN, which I want to change. It doesn't give me any options on the task input mappings and I was wondering if someone has any ideas for this?

Thanks!

Lukas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ppenmeth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lucas,

As of latest UCSD 6.5, it is a limitation on the out of the box Task where it didn't have an option to enable Thin provisioning on a newly created LUN.

However, you can workaround it through an SSH task. I have attached a sample workflow which connects to NetApp controller and enables Thin Provisioning on a newly created LUN.

Tasks Used:

Create Cluster Flexible Volume

Create Cluster LUN

Get SVM Name (Custom Task)

SSH Command (to enable Thin Provisioning)

The attached workflow was created on UCSD 6.0.1.2 (FYI)

Thanks,

Phani

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ppenmeth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lucas,

As of latest UCSD 6.5, it is a limitation on the out of the box Task where it didn't have an option to enable Thin provisioning on a newly created LUN.

However, you can workaround it through an SSH task. I have attached a sample workflow which connects to NetApp controller and enables Thin Provisioning on a newly created LUN.

Tasks Used:

Create Cluster Flexible Volume

Create Cluster LUN

Get SVM Name (Custom Task)

SSH Command (to enable Thin Provisioning)

The attached workflow was created on UCSD 6.0.1.2 (FYI)

Thanks,

Phani

Thanks Phani, this workflow helped exactly!

I had tried to execute a NetApp CLI command before, which didn't yield the hoped result but now this SSH command did.

Thank you.

Lukas

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer