Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulating network device interfaces report

Hello,

I have a workflow, where a user can request an access port on a switch. The workflow has a custom approval task, where admin selects an interface on a specific device (device name and the interface are sent to the customer at the end of workflow workflow). The report for networking device interfaces (seems to be NetworkControllerdevice.n5k.n7k.config.interface.dc) contains:

ID, Pod, Device_IP, Interface_Name, Admin_Status, Operation_Status, Mode, Status, Hardware, Members, MAC_Address, IPAddress_Mask, IPv6_Address_Mask, MTU, Bandwidth_Mbps, Tag

All those parameters are related to either L3 (if IP is configured) or physical capabilities. When I select an interface to be assigned for that workflow, it is configured as an access port with specific VLAN assigned and some description. Now, when another request is initiated, there is no way to see which interfaces were assigned before, as most of the above data has no uniqueness (except the interface name itself). So, I thought it would be nice to have an Interface Description column. Then, I would know which interfaces are already reserved. How can I manipulate the report to include the interface description. I assume, the inventory collection process should also be able to fetch that data. Can it be done?

Cheers,

Krzysztof

3 Replies 3

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Every screen has a little gear symbol in the upper right hand side of the GUI screen. The resulting pop up shows you all the selected columns that are displayed. Usually not all columns are turned on. When you turn them on these are the max columns this screen has.

Yes, I have seen that option, but 1) it is available only when browsing resoources (ex. Physical => Network => POD => Device => View details => Interfaces), and it's not available when used in custom workflow approval task (only filtering option is shown, no column selection tool is available), and 2) I can still add columns that are fetched/availble in specific report, and that report has no Interface Description column at all. So, is it possible to add that data to inventory collection and to the report?

You are correct in all cases, to change the product I would put in a TAC ticket.

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer