This workflow provisions a new VMFS Datastore (FC) to ESXi Cluster running on Vblock 7XX Converged Stack.
Compatible UCS Director Versions:
UCS Director 5.0.x
Virtualization, Compute, Network and Storage
Cisco UCS Director
VCE Vblock 7XX
- The Vblock 7XX Infrastructure components (VMware vCenter, Cisco UCSM, Cisco Nexus 5Ks, MDS Switches (If any), Cisco Nexus 1000v & EMC VMAX Storage Array) are added into UCS Director
- Atleast one ESXi Host (SAN Booted) configured in ESXi Cluster
- The SAN Zoning between ESXi Hosts and VMAX Storage Array was already configured.
- ThinPool on VMAX is pre-configured
- The Masking View for ESXi Cluster for shared Datastore access is pre-created. Please refer 'How to create Masking View for Shared Datastore access on ESXi Cluster'
Workflow Tasks Included:
- Select ESXi Cluster (Custom Task, it is imported along with the workflow)
- Create VMAX Thin Device
- Bind Thin Devices to VMAX Thin Pool
- Add Thin Devices to VMAX Storage Group
- Associate VMAX ThinDev as Datastore
The below user inputs should be provided by user after executing the workflow.
|User Input||User Input Description|
|DATASTORE_NAME||Enter ESXi Datastore Name|
|DATASTORE_SIZE (GB)||Enter ESXi Datastore Size in GB|
|ESXI_CLUSTER||Select ESXi Cluster from drop-down to add VMFS Datastore|
The Admin Input values are pre-defined in the workflow by the admin user. Edit the Workflow properties, go to user inputs section and modify the below inputs appropriately.
|User Input|| User Input Description|
|EMC_VMAX_ACCOUNT||Select VMAX Account for Datastore Creation|
|VMAX_THIN_POOL_IDENTITY||Select VMAX Think Pool for ESXi Datstore|
|ESXI_CLUSTER_VMAX_STORAGE_GROUP||Select Cluster Storage Group for Datastore Access|
Workflow Additional Configuration:
Instructions for Use:
- Download the attached .ZIP file below to your computer. *Remember the location of the saved file on your computer.
- Unzip the file on your computer. Should end up with a .WFDX file.
- Log in to UCS Director as a user that has "system-admin" privileges.
- Navigate to "Policies-->Orchestration" and click on "Import".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the location on your computer where the .WFDX file resides. Choose the .WFDX file and click "Open".
- Click "Upload" and then "OK" once the file upload is completed, Select 'Add_New_VMFS_Datastore_to_ESXi_Cluster_on_Vblock_7XX' and Then click "Next".
- Click "Submit".
- A new folder called 'Vblock-7XX-Validated' should appear in "Policies-->Orchestration" that contains the imported workflow. You will now need to update the included tasks with information about the specific environment. (See Above)