cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10 message stores per Unity server limit

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

For Unity 3.15, was this a design limit and what can I expect if I surpass it? I currently have one Unity server pointing to 11 mailstores (only about 50 unity subscribers per server) but am wondering if this could be adding issues I am having with unity not communicating with the newest one? (When I say 11 mailstores, I mean 11 physical servers with multiple SGs)

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It isn't a hard coded limit. There are customer that have gone this high. It was more of a problem before 4.0(4). You are much less likely to see an issue if you have 4.0(4) or later with the Exchange 2003 SP1 or Exchange 2000 SP3 + post-SP3 rollup installed _on_ the Unity server. And of course all of the servers need to be in the same LAN.

Thanks,

Keith

Ok,well upgrading isnt an option right now. What has happened is that several users on this 3.1.5 server had thier exchange mailboxes moved to a new exchange 2000 server. This was not the partner exchange server and the new server is in the same admin group and lan as the original server. There are no errors in the events logs that I see which are relevant however the users clearly are not working. Messages are being taken for them and are in the failed MTA queue. When they do call in by phone they hear they have messages, however they can not forward/delete them, etc and are no longer recieving them in outlook. I suspect it is a permissions issue but how can i confirm this? The unity service account was granted permissions on the new mail server as usual and has send as /recieve as on the mailbox stores....for unity 3.1.5, exchange 2000 off box, is there an easier way to determine what the problem is? I will open a TAC ticket later today if you have no suggestions but just wanted your thoughts first. Thanks for your input.

Further to this, I have noticed that Unity SQL DB is still showing the old mail server - for whatever reason during the mailbox moves, unity did not replicate with AD properly and these 7 users who were moved to a new mailbox server didnt get updated in unity. Is there a way to fix this?

My question here is: this was not the partner exchange server so I didnt think I needed to re-run the unity configuration. Am I wrong? We have one unity server which has users across several exchange mailbox servers. We are adding new exchange servers, all within the same admin group in exchange, and moving mailboxes from the old server to the new. All new exhchange servers have proper permissions...

From Unity's perspective, if I am not making changes to the partner exchange server but am moving mailboxes on other exchange servers that have unity subscribers, is there anything I have to do on the Unity server to make this work?

We have had to delete all of the unity subscribers and reimport them, which is not a solution going forward. We want to know what happened before we move mailboxes to the next new exchange server.

Does anyone have any ideas? It would be nice to get an answer other than to upgrade which is not an option yet.