cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up Message Store Manager settings

e.groves
Level 1
Level 1

This is a simple question. I'm upgrading a customer's 4.0(4) Unity implementation. When using DIRT for backup and restore are the Message Store Manager Settings backed up as well?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Data Is Saved

Most Unity data is saved in this process. This includes all subscriber data, call handlers, interviewers, voice names, greetings, passwords, switch configuration information, etc… optionally you can backup report data and in the case of an Exchange based system, subscriber messages as well. Only a few specific items and settings are not preserved during the restore process. See the next section for those.

NOTE: While switch configuration information stored in the switch.INI files is saved, it is not restored onto the system. The data is in the original backed up files in case TAC needs to get to it. Since switch configuration can and does change between back up and restore (i.e. when moving systems) the local switch configuration needs to be configured and will not be restored. UTIM configuration data stored in the database is NOT backed up or restored.

NOTE: In 4.1(1) and later, the passwords entered during the password hardening wizard on the new installation (the one you will be restoring over) are used for ALL subscriber templates that are restored. This is to ensure that passwords which may not have been "hard" on the backed up system do not cause failures in the AD/Exchange account creation process during restore.

above from DIRT help

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/DiRT/index.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks. I had actually read the DIRT help file so I assumed that since this isn't listed as an item that isn't backed up I would be OK, but I'm still concerned about it since it isn't specifically mentioned. Since Message Store Manager is in the Unity Tools Depot and it acts as an interface with the mailstore to setup voicemail options for different agent groups I didn't know if it would be backed up as a Unity setting or if it is considered a mailstore setting.