Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer from Unity - CallerID on ATA 186 or SIP trunk

ukotam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a Unity 4.0(4) with CCM 4.1 up and running with T1 PRI (caller id enable), Unity serves as auto attendant and transfers calls to dialed extension.

On 79xx phones caller id works normaly (half second call "from VoiceMail" and after that real Caller ID). Also I have 10 analog phones arround the office that connected over ATA 186 to CCM.

When call comes in on those ATA phones, we see Caller ID only "from Voicemail". Same thing happens with calls that routed to SIP trunk to 3rd party system.

Is there are any way to change this Unity+CCM behavior and always display real CallerID.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

ukotam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Mr. Hinho,

Say something, please...

I'm realy don't know what direction to go for with this problem...

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's nothing you can do in Unity to change this behavior. It should appear exactly the same as when you perform the transfer manually using an IP phone.

With local destinations, the half-second of "from VoiceMail" that you see is the time it takes for Unity to extend a new call to your phone. Once the transfer is released, Unity is removed from the call flow and your display gets updated with the Caller ID of the connected party.

With transfers across a gateway, the updated connected party number would need to be handled by the gateway after the transfer releases.

Regards,

Eric