cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer on Unity 4.0(5

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(5) integrated with CallManager 4.1(3).

There are some subscribers configured for employees only working at home. Everyone has a dummy CTI port or IP Communicator on CallManager with forwarding to voice mail for ring no answer, busy and failure scenarios. On Unity, the call transfer option for all subscribers is "ring subscriber's extension" and "release to switch". I think this is should be a working configuration. But if you trying to reach subscriber through main greeting, the call will be disconnected after you heard "waiting I will transfer your call". I can see the call on Call Viewer with forwarding reason "Ring no Answer". And from port monitor tool, I can see the hang up event. To workaround for this issue, 1) change call transfer option to "send caller to greeting directly" or 2) change transfer mode to "Supervisor transfer". I am wondering if I missed something here. Thanks,

1 Reply 1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were a few transfer related bugs fixed in the Unity TSP after the release of 4.0(5). You might try upgrading to the latest TSP available on CCO, 8.0(2).

Otherwise, to determine exactly what is happening here, your best bet may be to open a TAC case to look at the Unity and CCM traces.

-Eric