cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller is re-directed to "Sign-in"

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

After personal greeting played, caller heard " please enter your ID", instead of " you may record the message at the tone". As the result, caller can not leave message.We already disabled the "*" key in subscriber configuration, but user still is reporting the same issue. Unity is integrated with NEC PBX, not callmanager.

What else I can check in unity for this issue

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds to me like your 'After greeting' settings are 'send called to Sign-in' rather than 'Take message'.

If the template the subscribers were built with was changed all of the resulting subscribers would be set the same.

If you need to change the setting in bulk you can use the Bulk Edit tool in the Unity tools depot.

Thanks,

Keith

The subscriber is setting correct as taking message after greeting. Actually the system has been running for a few years.

I suspected before the problem was that unity was receiving a "*" key from somehow, then the caller will be rent to "sign-in". But the problem is still there even I disabled "*"key.

I am think if Unity mixed the "take message" and "send caller to sign-in" even it is not configured in this way. Is it a bug?

Does this happen on every call for every subscriber?

Make sure to check all greetings to make sure that they are all set to 'Take message'. Also you can turn on the call flow macro trace to try to get a look at how the routing is occurring in the system. You would see any key presses in the trace too.

It highly unlikely (though never impossible) that this is a bug. My money is still on a configuration issue of some sort.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Thanks for the reply, I just tested this extension, only one of 27 got this problem. There are lots macro tracr options, is there any direction to set up it