cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you reverse port selection order (out) in Unity 4.0.1

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Unity UM 4.0.1 (TSP 7.0.4b) integrated with Nortel (4 ports) CallManager 3.3 (26 ports) and CME 3.2 (2 ports). We're trying to use as few ports as possible for the CME integration, as we have about 15 voicemail users on the CME integration, and 2500 on the CM integration.

Right now, Nortel is ports 1-4, CM is 5-30, and CME is 31-32. Unity is smart enought to always put Nortel's MWI out those ports (because it's set in the users' Switch field) but for either CM or CME users, it's sending the MWI through port 32 (CME) first, then eventually trying port 30 (CM).

And that would be OK, except every midnight, Unity starts trying to update 2500 mailboxes through that one MWI-allowed port into my CME site, and that link stays crushed until about 10am.

So my question is, can we reverse Unity's port selection order for MWI outbound, so it tries CM first? Or is Unity really trying both systems in parallel?

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently for CME and CM, it'll send MWIs out the highest numbered port (configured for MWI) first. Since it doesn't consider that a separate integration, it will send it (eventually) out to both CME and CM. You could reconfigure and make CME ports 5-6 and CCM 7-32 but that'll make things slow for the CME users.