cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant retrieve voicemail from phone, but do get emailed messages

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, this is my first post, so forgive me if I dont do something right here. First, my hardware: I have Unity 4.0.2 running on a Win2000 server. I also have Exchange2000 environment. The problem is this: when I try to access my voicemail from my cisco7960 phone, it asks for a password, I type it in, and it gives the following message: "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later." When someone leaves me a message, I can get to it via Exchange email sent to me, with no problem. But I can not login to my phone and get them. I checked event viewer on the server and get these messages below:

Unity was unable to retrive the mailbox for the subscriber to verify the status of the mailbox. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Possible reasons could be a missing mailx, which can be determined through DBWalker or a corrupt memory. Technical information IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp. Check the return code through DohErrorTest tool.

AND

Unity was unable to determine the mailbox status for the subscriber. Unity needs to know if the mailbox has the ability to send and recive mails. Technical details - GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 98 of file e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp.

Im not sure where to go at this point. I do know that some users CAN get to thier voicemail from thier phone, while a few others CANNOT.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

32 Replies 32

Ok, I'm replying to myself here, but just wanted to update that the workaround I tried - setting users to self enrol, then setting them back, so they didn't need to is not what is actually "fixing this". Any update to a subscribers record, allows them to access VM from the TUI. However, making a change using bulk edit, doesn't have the same effect. Does anyone with a a greater understanding of how unity works understand why this would be and would you be able to offer any further advice on how this situation came about?

TIA.

Thanks for tip! Im sure someone will find it later in the forum!

For completeness, check this link for a good reason why this can happen.

Slow fix was to individually update a subscriber record in the SA. Quick fix is to use dcgc and force a resync. Though as the tool advises, please use with caution.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008063e37f.shtml