Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) MOH sound quality distortion

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with a cluster with four CCM servers. Every one of them is running CCM service but the one dedicated for MOH has only a few end devices and performance looks OK. We are experiencing bad sound quality from the MOH server.

Is there a reliable way to investigate and troubleshoot is the problem relayed to the server performance or something else? May I capture RTP streams from the MOH server and look at the achieved delays and jitters.

Please recommend me a technics to troubleshoot this if you have touched similar problems.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Can you please drop this file into your Call Manager MOH folder after you have unrar it. Also can you send me the wave file so I can test on my end and see how the quality is.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a02svcs.html#wp1033529

The problem isn't in the file 100% because sometimes the quality is good, sometimes bad. There is another reason. I can send you the files but they are the default files that comes with CCM. A kind of monitoring can help me.

you can use span session on a switch port and connect a PC with ethereal to capture the RTP stream and look into jitter and delay.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate