cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manager

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1
1. What versions of ESXi are supported for Cisco Prime License Manager (PLM)? 2. Does Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment install PLM automatically or optionally as part of a migration (upgrading from CUCM version 8.x), or do I need to install PLM separately? Cheers
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM versions are aligned to CUCM versions, so, same as CUCM.

Yes, whenever you upgrade to 9.x or 10.x, ELM/PLM is installed along with CUCM and CUC. You don't get to choose whether you want it or not.

Standalone PLM requires you to order a separate ISO file for only PLM, and create a separate VM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM versions are aligned to CUCM versions, so, same as CUCM.

Yes, whenever you upgrade to 9.x or 10.x, ELM/PLM is installed along with CUCM and CUC. You don't get to choose whether you want it or not.

Standalone PLM requires you to order a separate ISO file for only PLM, and create a separate VM.

HTH

java

ncraven
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your quick response.

Is PLM installed as a co-resident application on all members of a CUCM cluster or only on the first node? If the former, I don't know why I would need or want so many instances. I need to budget 1 vCPU for a standalone PLM, so it must be continuously consuming resources.

Is the answer the same for CUC?

Cheers, Neill

Yes, every CUCM and CUC node will get a ELM/PLM instance, you choose which one to use.

HTH

java