Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Incoming calls explanation needed

gshamlian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This may be a vague question, if so, let me know what other info is needed.  Basically, I was wondering how incoming calls were handled via Cisco Call Manager and Unity.  We are using Unified Call Manager version 7.1.5.  Most of our branches utilize Unity 8.0.3 System Call Handlers.  So, when a caller calls into the branch, what exactly happens?  I would think that the call comes into the router, gets redirected to the Unity server to play the System Greeting (we record our own), waits for an action from the caller, then redirects the call accordingly.  Recently, one of the other guys tried tracing the call through the router.  He saw the call come in, redirect out, come back in, then redirect out again.  This, to us, seems like two too many redirects, unless we are misunderstanding how the call is supposed to be routed.  Can anybody offer some insight?  If more information or clarification is needed, I'll be happy to add what I can (within the limitations of our security policies).  Thanks in advance!

Gary

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usual call flow is

PSTN - ISR - CUCM - Unity

In CUCM you have something that matches what a user dialed from PSTN and this sends calls to Unity.

The rest of the call handling completely depends on what you have configured on Unity/CUCM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate