Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unified operations manager2.0.1

hanson.stanley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to add an ip phone to operations manager...i looked for the community string configuration option in the ip phone...but there is no option in the ip phone...how can i give the community string for the ip phone...the ccm6.0 which the ip phone is registered is being monitored by the operations manager...is there any option in the ccm6.0 to give community string to the ip phone...please help me.................

3 Replies 3

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

OM does not use the community string of the phone to add it as a node, rather it uses the CM Subscriber database, and CDP to add the IP Phone as a node. If you want to add pones from other UCM clusters then you must configure Operations Manager to Pull SNMP Data from each node of the second cluster. At this time OM Will retrieve the number of configured & registered Devices. Hope this Helps,

---

Running

UOMGR 2.0.1

UCCE 7.2

UCM 5.2

Unity Connections 2.0

---

Thank you for your kind information..

Can u please tell me how can i add the ipphone into the OM..because ucm is not showing any associated ipphones in OM...is there anything i have to do in ucm admin page or OM page inorder to add the ipphone...??

Ok here you go, OM queries UCM configuration database via AXL link, this means in order for OM to read the configuration database when you configure UCM on your OM server you must supply two things SNMP Credentials, and the HTTP User/admin credentials (commonly known as the "ccmadmin" account) you can find the details of this configuration here:

http://cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps7121/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd8067e2e6.pdf

Reference Section 3.1.5 "Cisco Callmanager"

Hope this helps.