Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 7.0 AvDSAD Event ID 1046

mike083108
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We are running exchange 7.0 on exchange 2k7 with 2008 OS. Everything seems to be working ok but whenever I try to modify someones account through web/sa I get the following error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1046

Date: 2/12/2009

Time: 11:38:41 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to modify object.

Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_MAILUSER

Reason: ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED: Access is denied.

Possible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account.

Ensure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to modify objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log.

Any ideas???

19 Replies 19

I have had the same problem but I can import users except users who have been configured as domain administrators.

To be able to import administrators you must check the "Allow Active Directory administrator and operator accounts to have voice mail" option in the Permissions Wizard.

Hi

Just tried it and I am getting the same result.

Do I run the permissions wizard under the UnityInstall account ?

Or under the domain account ?

Billy

Typically you would run the Permissions Wizard logged in as an account that has permissions to set permissions (domain admin). The permissions wizard sets permissions for the UnityInstall, UnityMessageStore, and UnityDirectory service accounts you created to install and run Cisco Unity.

Yes

Thats what I thought just needed confirmation.

Im leaving site now. Ill continue in the morning. Many thanks for your help.

Billy