Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Assistant

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I've got one problem and one question.

Problem: When a user logs into the Unit Assistant, a message pops up that says "Can't connect to the voice server" and most of the funtions are grayed out. Anyo know what this message relates to?

Questions: Is there any way to restrict users ability to perform certain functions in the Unity Assistant? Specifically the ability to enable and configure Message Notification Devices.

Thanks,

David

4 Replies 4

vharsha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David,

The error message is dealt with in the troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a008022b4dc.html#wp1067550

You can restrict some functions like Call Transfer and Screening, but not the ability to enable Notification Devices. You can however restrict the phone numbers of the notification devices using Restriction Tables. For example, you can prevent folks from entering long distance phone numbers.

Hope that helps.

Harsha

Yes, that covered it and solved my problem.

Thanks

Hi Harsha

I had the same problem, wanted to disable the notification devices. I follow your advice and created on the {Default Outdial} - restriction tables -, rules to

preventing the subscribers using the notification devices for long distance numbers and mobiles

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

MP

Hi Harsha

I had the same problem, wanted to disable the notification devices. I follow your advice and created on the {Default Outdial} - restriction tables -, rules to

preventing the subscribers using the notification devices for long distance numbers and mobiles

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

MP