Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection only send specific voicemails to email

nate fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a client that has Cisco Unity Connection version 9.1.2, I have a system distribution list with a few members.

If someone calls extension 3557 then those calls will ring to voice mail, that voice mail is sent to a system call handler which goes to the system distribution list which will go to those members voice mails which then sends to their email inbox.

I am trying to determine a way to only allow the calls from the extension 3557 in the distribution list to go to their email.

These members did not have voice mails sent to their emails before I setup the distribution list, so now every voice mail they receive goes to their email inbox, they only want the calls from the distribution list to be sent to their email addresses. 

Is there a way in UCX to only allow certain voice mails to be sent to email ??

Any help is very appreciated as I tried a few things with little success

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can only filter calls using the call routing rules, you could try setting a rule so that only 3557 can reach the call flow that ends up in the distribution list.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for the response Jaime, what I decided to do was creatw a distribution group on the Exchange server add those users to that group and edit the mailbox under " message actions " to relay the message for voice mail, this will keep the message from going to their IP phone but they are okay with that , they only want to receive a voice mail in their email when someone calls the 3557 extension which will now relay to a distribution group email address in Exchange, so I was able to get this working somewhat they way I wanted.

Thanks for the response!