cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection

nirmal1306
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco Unity Connection 9.x. When I reach to the voice mail of a different user, Unity gives me an option to transfer the call to any other number. I want to disable this feature where Unity won't even give me that option. 

Any suggesiton here as how can I achieve this. 

Thanks,

Nirmmal 

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So I assume you mean in the default greeting (when the user hasn't recorded one) you get the option to dial another number or hang on the line and leave a message after the tone (or something close to that)?  The behavior can be restricted by editing the caller input keys that are active for the user (or call handler - behavior is the same).  If you lock all the keys to ignore additional input that makes it impossible to dial another extension from that user or call handler - the key takes action immediately instead of waiting for more digits to see if you enter an extension.  If the key is mapped to do something (like go to the operator) it takes effect right away.  If it's locked and set to ignore then the key press is simply thrown away and the greeting doesn't stop playing.

If that's not what you're talking about let me know.