cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to Call 8.1 "Unexpected end of file, no input , or timeout while receiving data"

DAVID CORKER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We are running CUCM 8.5 and are fighting to get C2C up and running, after going through the issue with it not saving settings and then moving to latest version 8.1 I find I have one of two problems:

If I put in the fully qualified name of the server in the C2C settings (i.e. "server.domain.co.uk") and try and do any sort of call I get a error "Unexpected end of file, no input , or timeout while receiving data, please contact your administrator".

If I drop the "domain.co.uk" from it, then whenever I dial I get the rather annoying certificate warning that I've seen a few other posts about.

5 Replies 5

jerome.gagne
Level 1
Level 1

Same thing for me, but not all of my workstations (Unexpected end of file, no input...) I don't understand

But for the certificate, you have to install it in the trusted Root Certification Authorities in your local machines.

Works for me.

I solve my problem yesterday. It was my proxy server. I desactivated it and works perfectly!

good luck!

DAVID CORKER
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jerome, I can see what your saying but I can't just turn off my proxy!

But your comment, and a request for more information from a Cisco engineer, both set me thinking. I've seen technotes about C2C saying to put the IP address of the Webdialer server in the proxy exception list in order to get it working. This makes sense, there is no real need for me to be chucking this traffic at the proxy, so I have the IP of the Webdialer server in the exceptions. Because there is a re-iteration in a few places that the address on the C2C preferences screen and the Certificate MUST match, it got me to wondering if the same applied to the exception in the proxy - so I gave it a try...

...and it works a treat !!

So, in short, match up the C2C preference server name to the name on the certificate, make sure your certificate is installed in the Trusted Root Authorities and put the same name in the proxy exception list by going to:

Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings - Advanced (and then put a ; followed by the FQDN of the server at the end of the list of exceptions).

I talked with my network administrator and created a new SSL port (8443), and restart the proxy server always works. No more need to disable the proxy on workstations

DAVID CORKER
Level 1
Level 1

Hmm, yes - I can see that would work, but in my case theres nothing on the other side of the proxy that the webdialer will need to talk to and my proxy admin was not particularly keen on me firing "useless" traffic at his proxy. So all we're doing is pushing out a change to the AD Group Policy to add the FQDN of the server to the exception list.