cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE attended transfer

karol2048
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with SIP trunk on CUBE trying to perform attended transfer. I'm following the RFC 5359 that demonstrates the 'Best Current Practice' but having no luck.

After sending the REFER request, there is no OK response from CUBE.

When I send REFER request directly without placing the 2nd call on hold, there are NOTIFY requests from CUBE but still no OK (or any other) response to REFER request.

Attached is the packet dump file for both scenarios. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

Maybe somebody can help with packet dumps with working attended transfer scenario?

1 Reply 1

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@karol2048 Have you configured REFER passthrough or REFER consumption on your CUBE?

With passthrough, your CUBE passes the REFER request to the next destination and let it handle the transfer. In the scenario, both the CUBE and the transferer will be released from the call path as the next destination party will handle the transfer. 

With REFER consumption, the CUBE uses the info in the REFER message to send a new invite to the next destination. In this scenario, the transferrer will be released from the call path, but the CUBE will stay on. 

Please check out the link below for more details and how to configure each method. 

Cisco Unified Border Element SIP Support Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS Release 15M&T - Dynamic Refer Handling [Cisco Unified Border Element] - Cisco