Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 and Unity Connection LDAP Integration

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone could help out.

We have a CUCM server that is integrated with Microsft AD. We are also running Unity Connection on the same box, that pulls it's users from CUCM.

We need to change one of the fields that are synchronised with AD and in order to do that we need to break the synch and recreate it.

When I go to delete the LDAP Directory it tells me that it will remove all my users if I continue.

What I'd like to know is: If I delete the LDAP Directory Information, remove all the users and re-establish the Sync with AD, how will Unity Connection treat the "New" users that have just been synched and what will happen to the "Old" users that are already there in Unity Connection?

I will be synching up to the same OUs on the same AD. The only change will be changing the LDAP User Field "telephoneNumber" to "ipPhone"

Thanks

Mal 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you delete the agreement it will mark all users' LDAP Status as Inactive. The Garbage Collection Process gives you 24-48 hours to fix this before the accounts are actually expunged from the database. So, as long as you get the new agreement setup properly and the status changes back to Active, they won't actually be deleted. They won't be able to login though until you fix it. You can see the status under User Configuration > End User on the far-right column of the search results in CUCM Admin.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan, appreciate your help.

Mal