Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and UC on same IP Host

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I have been struggling with a case of Cisco UCM + UC on the same box, any help will be greatly appreciated:

1. What is it called? BE6k or BE5k?

2. I have an existing system (of CUCM + UCXN on the same IP) which is on 8.0 and needs to be upgraded to 8.6 on the MCS box.

Please advise which files I should use to upgrade??

I have always done a UCM and UCXN on different host (IP Addresses) scenario

Regards

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was simply called Business Edition, then once the 6K option came on UCS, we changed it to 5K in order to differentiate it, any mention that simply says BE, most likely refers to that co-res model on 7816/7828

There's nothing special about the upgrade, exact same process, exact same files, you'll upgrade both apps at once, that's the main difference.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So how I can upgrade the system from 8.0 to 8.6 and yet get both ucm and ucxn on the same host, could you please give any link to download the upgrade files?

thanks

Once again, SAME FILES as any other CUCM, SAME PROCEDURE.

Why do you think the same ISO to this day lets you install CUCM and CUC????

HTH

java

Jamie,

I know it is the same media for UCM and UCXN. However even after so many trial installs, I am not getting any options which like in 6.1 used to say something like this:

Supported Installs on this HW:

1. CUCM

2. UCXN

3. CUCMBE

All, I see is CUCM or UCXN, never the CUCMBE

Hope I am making it clearer for you as well.

The name is Jaime, not Jamie.

Exactly what HW are you using???

What you're asking is way different from what you originally posted, you originally said UPGRADE, not FRESH INSTALL.

HTH

java