cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM CAPF-AlphaNumeric.pem Cert Problem

ldbotner
Level 1
Level 1

End customer CUCM 9.1.2.11900-12. A subscriber is generating cert expiration alerts for a CAPF-alphanumeric.pem file.

I checked the target subscriber CAPF.pem and associated CM-trust and CAPF-alphanumeric pem files and they have a different serial number and expiration date.

I could not find any CUCM cluster server where the CAPF.pem cert matched the target subscriber CAPF-alphanumeric.pem file.

I executed the following action plan on each of the eight CUCM servers in the cluster:

1. Stop services on target CUCM server: Cisco Certificate Expiry Monitor and Cisco Certificate Change Notification.

2. Delete alerting cert from target CUCM server.

3. Start services on target CUCM: Cisco Certificate Expiry Monitor and Cisco Certificate Change Notification.

After completing the action plan, I checked the target subscriber and the alerting CAPF-alphanumeric.pem/der files have reappeared.

I have referenced Cisco TAC Doc ID 115957 and 117299.

I have attempted searches, but have not found anything possibly or precisely matching this problem.

Am I missing something simple or has anyone experienced this problem previously?

Loren Botner - CDW UC Voice team

1 Reply 1

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

It could be this: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut25845