Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Inbound call greeting

coffee.guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been asked to implement a inbound call greeting when external clients dial our organisation. We are using CUCM 7.1.

Right now calls come inbound and hit the reception phone (octo-line) which forwards to a ephone-hunt group after 20 seconds. It then rings around to the various extensions.

What we want to implement is the ability for calls to be answered straight away by the CUCM and just play a loop of some information about the company (There are 3 companies using the CUCM so we would need 3 different audio loops) Then when the reception user becomes free the call will ring to that extension and be answered there.

I've been looking into AutoAttendant and call parking but I'm not sure which one to use for this scenario or if there is another solution for this problem.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No solution for your problem within CUCM, at least in your version, you would need at least 9.1 to use queuing and play the greeting. You would need to send the calls to CUC to play any greeting, then send back to CUCM, or upgrade your CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks - In that case I might handle the call queuing in Asterisk externally then send it through when it becomes free.