cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Causing DC 100% Utilisation

mwcodd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very strange one here, and before I delve too deep into messaging I wondered if there were any thoughts.

Scenario.

CUCM 7, CUPS 8, Unity 8 UM partnered with Exchange 2010.

We noticed that the DC that CUPS was pointing to in the LDAP integartion was at 100% utilisation, when the integration was pointed to the IP address of a different DC the problem moved to that. CUPC clients can do lookups ok without problems. The strange thing is when we did a test out of hours just trying to retrieve a VM via CUPC causes the problem to appear so I cannot see any link to the DC whatsoever. Anyone seen anything remotely similar to this?

Thanks

Martin

1 Reply 1

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

LDAP and Active Directory are two different things.

Regular domain logon does not use LDAP interface at all.  Actually, we don't see many applications use LDAP in a Microsoft environment.

CUPC uses LDAP interface for name resolution.  If CUPC sent many queries in a short period and LDAP was not indexed, it might consume lots of CPU resource for those queries.

Since CUPC is the only application that using LDAP, it's quite easy to point fingers to it.  But I would try to index LDAP.  Or open a case with Microsoft to determine how many queries are "too many". 

This happens to other Cisco applications that use LDAP (such as CUCIMOC).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com