cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dbWalker "Greeting rule error"

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am running dbWalker on a customer's Unity 4.0(2) server and seeing the following error on many of their subscriber templates:

Greeting rule Error

1226:(error) set to go to a missing call handler with an ObjectID={92BDD396-32E3-470C-9C62-6F420B909998}

You can try reselecting the after greeting action on the 'greetings' page for this call handler or subscriber and saving to clear this issue

I know that BulkEdit and Audio Text Manager can fix problems like this with call handlers and subscribers but is there a way to fix templates?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll have to use the SA to fix tempaltes - there's no bulk tools for subscriber templates as there are typically not large numbers of templates in use.

From the dbWalker output you can just click on the link to the template and it'll take you right there - it should be pretty quick unless you have a very large number of subscriber templates involved...

But you can't get to the "Error" greeting from the SA so how do you fix it?

You can turn on showing error greetings in the SA by using the Advanced Settings Tool - there's an option in there called "Administration - Expose the error greeting for subscribers on the SA" that you can set to "1" and the error greeting will show up.

Jeff,

I'm having the same issue on all my users. I made the change in the AST so now I can see the error message option. The option is set to system. What should I set it to correct the 1226 error?

Well, fix what the error says - set the destination for the error greeting to be a proper handler or user.

You can also use BulkEdit to do this if you have a lot of objects with this error - the error greeting is always exposed in BulkEdit. Set it to loop back to itself (an option only BulkEdit offers) or have it go to the opening greeting (which is default behavior) or the like.