cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Handler Greeting

dolah
Level 1
Level 1

As suggested... I'm making this it's own thread...

Replied by: dolah@vocollect.com - Oct 24, 2005, 8:50am PST

I'm currently working on an issue where an employee had trouble navigating through the "Directory Handler." Here is what she had to say:

"I had trouble with it this morning in trying to get both Wendy K and Gretchen S. I followed the same path you did, but I did a complete spelling of the name before pressing #. "

<<<<Although when I tried this it still worked, so I believe she may have miss-spelled the last names.>>>>

She continued, "I have done this in the past with success, but this time in both cases it told me that it could not match my entry with a name. Sounds like it may have been more successful for me to stop at the first three or so letters and hit pound? If that is the case, then I would suggest changing the instructions on the menu as the instructions currently stately – “Spell the persons last and first name followed by the pound…”

I agree with her that the instructions are not accurate. It should say:

“Spell the first few letters of the persons last name followed by the pound…”

Is there a way for me to change this recording, or can I suggest that the Unity programmers change this recording? Because I know that as soon as I upgrade my changed system recording will be overwritten, and it's just one more thing that I have to remember before, during and after an upgrade.

| E-Mail this Message

Replied by: lindborg - Oct 24, 2005, 9:12am PST

This probably needs to be moved to its own thread (this thread is for the Unity Connection product discussion) but there's an easy answer to your question.

Yes, there are many alternate prompts available - everyone does it a little different and based on the size of their company the instructions need to be tweeked - there never a one size fits all approach here. As such I posted a number of alternate instruction prompts done in Leslie's voice out here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

one of them should meet your needs.

| E-Mail this Message

Rate this Post5 Extremely Helpful4 Very Helpful3 Helpful2 Somewhat Helpful1 Not Helpful

Replied by: dolah@vocollect.com - Oct 24, 2005, 11:19am PST

My apologies if I placed this posting in the wrong area. Thank you for responding.

Although, this solves my immediate problem, it flows into others.

First, I also support a Unity server in England. I would also like to have the same recording with a British accent.

Second, the fact that I can't configure this inside the Unity SA, is still an issue; as well as, (and this is the most important issue here) the fact that an upgrade will overwrite my change. I can change the greeting on just about anything else, why not the Directory Handler?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Doing a custom greeting mechanism for the directory handler is more work than it may sound - so at the moment that's just not an option. Right now that's the best I can offer you...