cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropbear SSH Server < 2016.72 Multiple Vulnerabilities CIMC UCSC-C220-M3SBE

Fausto.Romero12
Level 1
Level 1

My NESSUS Vulnerability Scanner is reporting the following vulnerabilities for my "Cisco Integrate Management Controller".

- A format string flaw exists due to improper handling of string format specifiers (e.g., %s and %x) in usernames and host arguments. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code with root privileges. (CVE-2016-7406)
- A flaw exists in dropbearconvert due to improper handling of specially crafted OpenSSH key files. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-7407)
- A flaw exists in dbclient when handling the -m or -c arguments in scripts. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted script, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-7408)
- A flaw exists in dbclient or dropbear server if they are compiled with the DEBUG_TRACE option and then run using the -v switch. A local attacker can exploit this to disclose process memory. (CVE-2016-7409)

Solution:
Upgrade to Dropbear SSH version 2016.74 or later.
How can I remediate this vulnerability for my Cisco Integrate Management Controller" for my UCSC-C220-M3?
3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably want to ask this in the DC/UCS area of CSC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

where I need to click or edit to have DC/UCS are of CSC?  I do not see that option.

Hover over Directory at the top of the page to see all the communities.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate