cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Event ID 1032 - Load from DOH failed on MWI

tonyw1538
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(4), Avaya integration with MWI on my Unity port #24. Server is Windows 2000 SP4 with all of Cisco's recommended patches. Exchange 2003 environment (NOT SP1).

I applied SR1 for Unity 4.0(4) on Saturday morning. Everything seemed OK.

Beginning Sunday morning (at re-sync MWI time) I am getting, sporadically, an event ID 1032 - Failed to set message waiting lamp for xx-subscriber-xx, ext x99x, reason: Load from Doh failed. Turn on Doh diagnostics to troubleshoot.

I have turned on DOH microtraces -- does someone have an idea what should I be looking for where?

Thanks,

- Tony -

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is currently being investigated but is only a cosmetic bug - the MWI is actually working.

CSCeg02287 AvNotifier eventid 1032 after installing ES27 (which is included in SR1)

Symptom:

After installing ES27 for Unity 4.0(4), these errors started to appear in the Windows application

logs:

CiscoUnity_Notifier Run Error 1032 UnityServer

"Failed to set message waiting lamp for Subscriber, Unity, ext 12345, reason: Load from

Doh failed. Turn on Doh diagnostics to troubleshoot.

Conditions:

Unity 4.0(4)

Workaround:

none at this time.

Further Problem Description:

It does not appear to be an issue at this time.

Random monitoring using Port Status Monitor shows that the MWI-dialout is happening and the

subscribers are not reporting incorrect MWI status.

The Bug must be Cisco-internal only - it is not viewable on the public Bug Tracker.

While I agree that the problem is invisible to subscribers, I disagree with the statement:'it does not appear to be an issue at this time.' I receive 25-35 of these messages per day from the Unity server.

A carefully-crafted Outlook rule moves them to the Deleted Items folder and out of my sight, but frankly this seems a bit sloppy.

Is my only other option to turn off the proactive notification of errors entirely?

I do not want to miss the true problems in all this noise.....

- Tony -

"I do not want to miss the true problems in all this noise....."

I feel the same way. Just upgraded to 4.0.4 SR1 and ran into this bug head on. Thought there was a major problem going on until I discovered this post and checked the MWI sendouts via Port Status Monitor. In order not to get these, I had to turn off the nightly 1 a.m. resynch in the UTIM. Not a solution, really, but something to at least keep my sanity.

TMH

I can view CSCeg02287 from the bug toolkit.

Dev is working on a fix now. Unfortunately, I don't have a date for the resolution.