Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to Install CUP 10.5 config validation with pub failed

hi guys I have been trying to install CUP 10.5 but I have not succeeded always stop at the same point when trying to validate configuration with publisher server.

cucm exact version 10.5.2.12901-1

cup version 10.5.1.10000-9

already added server for CUP on CUCM  as im&p server ip add and domain (not using dns on cucm)

axl web service active

reviewed security password ok

allow subscription on service parameter

configured sip trunk 

twice delete VM and started  again but with the same error

any help will be appreciated...

regards...

9 Replies 9

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When the First Node Configuration window displays, choose Yes to configure the new server as the first node.When you install 

If you are getting the system time from an NTP server (mandatory for VMware deployments), verify that the CUCM publisher node can synchronize with the NTP server before you install a IM& P subscriber node.Utils ntp status command to check.

Also when you install IM and Presence publisher node, specify (NTP) server to ensure that accurate system time is set on the publisher node. Cisco recommends that you configure the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) publisher node as the sole NTP server. 

thanks again Deepak regards...

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's completely expected to fail if what you're saying and the versions are right, IM&P 10.5(1) IS ONLY compatible with CUCM 10.5(1) releases.

CUCM 10.5(2) IS ONLY compatible with IM&P 10.5(2) releases

If you want to install an IM&P node, you need to use a 10.5(2) fresh install ISO

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for correcting us.[+5].

it will work only with equivalent version of cucm as per srnd as well,I just noticed.

thanks Deepak I really appreciate Your help...

regards...

Welcome Vicente!

thanks a lot for Your answer Jaime, that´s correct first we installed cucm version 10.5.1 but we upgraded due to some bugs detected and that´s why cucm is on 10.5.2 so the exact version for cucm is 10.5.2.12901-1 and I have the iso CUP 10.5.2.22900-2 is there any problem? I mean base software version is 10.5.2 but CUP iso is greater than cucm version... please let me know... regards...

No, they only need to match on the first 3 digits, the rest of them do not matter.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hello Jaime, just to let You know that everything went fine when installing from iso with version 10.5.2 I really appreciate Your help thank You very much...

best regards...