cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover System for Unity 4.0 UM

tdbrown
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wants to develope a Disaster Recovery site and would like to include Unity Unified Messaging in the plan. Is there a process that can be used to setup a standyby Unity system at a remote site that would stay in sync with the primary UM server and work in a failover mode?

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The Cisco Unity Deployments and Solutions guide is a great resource for these types of questions.

It can be done but you need at least 45Mbps of bandwidth between the physical sites. Both Unity servers have to have access to the same messaging infrastructure components. This means that both Unity servers must be installed into the same Windows AD site and must be accessing the same DCs and GCs as the Exchange servers.

Thanks,

Keith

keith, Thank You for your reply. Can you tell me? Can a Unity Failover Server have additional mailboxes created on it then the production server? Example would be; temporary user boxes used when the system is in Failover. The issue is licensing, I will license the temp mailboxes on the failover, but not the production server.