cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I add the Display name on Directory Number

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

I created a New Directory NR ( 3131 ) and I put  a  name to which Alerting Name/ASCII A Name. The nr 3131 is even in the Avaya system.

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gabriel,

Assuming the calls are initiated and received between the Cisco IP Phones, can you  make sure the below option is activated on the IP Phone Line  configuration.

Under "Forwarded Call Information Display on Device SEP...."

Enable the option "Caller Name"

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gabriel,

Assuming the calls are initiated and received between the Cisco IP Phones, can you  make sure the below option is activated on the IP Phone Line  configuration.

Under "Forwarded Call Information Display on Device SEP...."

Enable the option "Caller Name"

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

Thanks fro y reply,

The problem is that the nr. 3131 dosen't have a MAC/IP address, it was created in Directory Nr. not on the Device/add device, the nr was created to be able to call Avaya agents and the user to not see the personal agent nr ( 3131 ), only the name. The problem is  when a place a call the nr from forwarding appears on the display instead the name I put ( Test ).

Thanks

Hi Gabriel,

In the service parameter, set the parameter "Always Display Original Dialed Number" to True, this will allow the Caller to show the Dialed Number + Alerting Name of the DN instead of the Avaya agents personal DN.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

Works, thanks a lot

Hii,

I have CUCM 8.6

Any ideas from where can I done some update with Bulk:

I want to change :  Alerting Name/ ASCII Alerting Name

Display (Caller ID)/ASCII Display (Caller ID)

Use BAT, export all the details from the phones, then adjust as necessary, and use the same file to update.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate