Views
Helpful
Replies

I Have the issue with PCD location

Hassan Kallab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to now the Cisco Prime Collaboration deployments should discovery  the old cluster and server .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I show the procedure here, in your case you'd need to use NAT and a lab network in which you can use the same IP to keep both running at the same time

https://youtu.be/2C_gy_XmBmE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to do any task in PCD you need to discover a cluster in first place.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your replay ,

This will affect the existing system (i need downtime window)?

Our migration between Cisco CUCM ,CUC and uccx version 8.5.1 and old Hardware is UCS-C200

new servers is BE6000 with CUCM .CUC and UCCX 11.5.

any advice or Step-by-Step 

Thanks,  

Hassan 

It does need to migrate all the information from CUCM to PCD, then push it to the new VM. So there will be some resources used in the source cluster.

Have you reviewed the PCD documentation??

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i review the PCD documents but i don't know if the Source system is come down ?

in order to Migration process the high level of Steps as a following :

1- Cluster Discovery.

2- Upload the IOS Boot file to PCD.

3- Use the same ip Address.

4- defined the destination cluster.

5- start the migration task .

Pls advice ...

Thanks,

Hassan  

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i review the PCD documents but i don't know if the Source system is come down ? 

in order to Migration process the high level of Steps as a following :

1- Cluster Discovery.

2- Upload the IOS Boot file to PCD.

3- Use the same ip Address.

4- defined the destination cluster.

5- start the migration task . 

Pls advice ...

I show the procedure here, in your case you'd need to use NAT and a lab network in which you can use the same IP to keep both running at the same time

https://youtu.be/2C_gy_XmBmE

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

i see your  good video from your site  and i have couple of question :).

1- If the old Cluster is included the CUCM and CUC and UCCX we will follow the same steps?

2- if i am using the same ip address what i can do ?

3- if i have two HW servers Cisco usc-C200 and new is the Cisco  2X BE600 we will make the migration for all VMs from the sever one and after that we will start server two?

4- if i have two CUCM server PUB and SUB we should add the server  in the server group?

1 That will depend on what task you use in PCD

2 Already answered that, you'll need to use NAT and build a lab network where you can use the same IPs and have both servers running at the same time, the PCD documentation explains how to use NAT for this.

3 Not sure what you're asking here, the hosts needs to be up and running for a migration

4 Again, not sure what you're asking. what server group?

HTH

java

Thanks for your support and reply 

1- We are looking to remove all old servers UCS-C200 CUCM and CUC and UCCX 8.5.1 Main and Standby Servers And changed to new CUCM ,CUC and UCCX  11.5 with new HW BE6000. I need to make all the cluster two servers one time migration .

2- The PCD VM its installed on  the New HW Cisco BE6000 and we need the NAT to make Same ip address configuration ??

4- I need to access the CUCM PUB to add the SUB within the migration time .CM Group.?