cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing users from Unity 4.0(4) to CUC 8.6(2)

arnieg
Level 1
Level 1

I have imported a few test users with voice messages using COBRAS and have noticed a few items that I have questions about.

1) A majority of the imported users had a folder created in there outlook client named voicemessages, but not all. This appears to be "status" folder as it only appears to show the status of the voice messages within the client. My question is, why didn't this create the folder for all imported users? Everything appears to work correctly whether the folder is there or not.

2) Imported users had the alias@domian.com created for the SMTP address and the e-mail address created as the SMTP proxy address. The messages are delivered correctly but Outlook does not show presence and you cannot reply via e-mail since the alias@domain.com is not a valid e-mail address. When I manually change the SMTP address to the users e-mail address (within the user account on CUC) everything works, including presence and reply. Why isn't the SMTP information from the COBRAS database backup populated in the SMTP field during import instead of the alias?

I can see that this is what CUC expects to see (under "Unified Accounts Status"), but it breaks presence and the ability to directly "reply" to sender in Outlook 2010 or 2007. I used DB viewer to verify the SMTP address prior to importing the users.

Thanks

Arnie

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'll try to help out with the second question.  Unity Connection UM is based on a dual store message synchronization architecture so  integration/operation is a bit different than traditional Unity which is  deeply integrated/dependent upon AD/Exchange.  Unity Connection has it's own SMTP domain.  By default, the SMTP domain assigned to Unity Connection is the FQDN of the Publisher server when you build a server/cluster.  When you create a subscriber, the subscriber's address (in Unity Connection) is based on the alias and the SMTP domain configured for Unity Connection.  Here are a couple of resources to reference for more information and ideas on potential solutions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/unified-comm-application/blog/2011/07/18/unity-connection-851-single-inbox-unified-messaging-forwardreply-in-outlook-fails-with-ndr

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/smtp-considerations-for-unity-connection-single-inbox-ie-unified-messaging.html?blogger=David+Hailey

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

Thanks for the great info. The links cleared up quite a few questions and assumptions that we had made.I think we will need to change the domain name for CUC (we used the exchange domain) to prevent potential issues down the road.

I am still curious about the folder creation (question #1) and why it wasn't created for everyone imported.

Thanks

Arnie