cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InformaCast basic paging - SIP configuration

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up an InformaCast basic paging server to work with our Call Manager cluster (CUCM version 10.5.1 / InformaCast version 9.1.1).

I'm up to the part where I need to install a SIP trunk and have a question - setting up this SIP trunk won't impact normal voice calls will it? Is it only for communication between CUCM and the paging server? The documentation I'm following says that CTI route points were used in the past, but now SIP is the preferred method http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cisco_paging_server/9_1_1/InformaCastBasicPaging_InstallAndUserGd_911.pdf

I apologize if this is a stupid question - I'd rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake...

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That won't affect any calls

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, Jaime. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. Your answers are always so helpful.

Is the SIP trunk only used for communication between the paging server and Call Manager?

Not sure what you're asking, SIP trunks are used for plenty of integrations to other products.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This particular SIP trunk (not SIP trunks in general). I am asking if it is for communication between CUCM and InformaCast.

Just trying to learn more about it's purpose and how it works.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: