cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet explorer script error on new install

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

4.0.4 UM on windows 2000 sp4 in a windows 2003 domain.

When i run setup on Unity the following message appears

An error has occurred on the script on this page

line:231

Char: 4

Error: object does'nt support this property or method

Code:0

URL: res://C:\cuica.tmp\enu\cuica.dll/setapppage.htm

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? if we click yes or no the message just comes back. cannot get past this point.

I believe someone had run cuica from 4.0.3 prior to the machine being joined to the domain.

I found a similar problem here however the resolution did not work for me.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd5ded2/0#selected_message

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

throoney
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to removing the cuca subkey from the registry, have you tried deleting cuica.tmp and deleting the cuica shortcut from the startup menu?

Yes the cuica.tmp folder is gone, there is no cuca reg key and the cuica shortcut is gone from the startup folder and desktop. Click on setup.exe and the double click english box comes up. I select english and the message above appears. as expected the .tmp folders and shortcuts reappear.

After you select the install language and you see the error message, do you also see the CUICA window? If so, what is displayed in that window? Also, what version of Internet Explorer is installed on your server?