Views
Helpful
Replies

It takes 90 seconds to start playing the voice message in Notes

Lubo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have Unity 4.0(4) for Domino 6.5.1 and DUC 1.2.2.

The message appears in the mailbox, but when I open it, it takes 90 seconds till sandglass pointer disappears and it is able to play the message. Also when closing the message, another 60 seconds are needed to return to Inbox.

The second problem is MWI: it does not go on or off automaticaly, only after manual resync in Integration manager.

Does anybody know, where is the problem?

Thanks,

Lubomir

3 Replies 3

srinkenberger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lubomir,

please check the name resolution of the clients and the unity and domino server. we just had the same problem and we fixed it with entries in the hosts files on both clientas and servers. better is to make these entries on the DNS server.

hope this helps.

Best regards Stephan

Hi Stephan,

thanks for the advice. It was not the problem with DNS, as we realised late at night. We tried to uninstall DUC 1.2.2 Client component, and in the uninstalling process, first ActiveX components were unregistering (successfully) but whole uninstallation failed (unable to find uninstallation file). But, after that we tried to open the message again, and without delay! Have no idea, where the problem was, but with older DUC Client ver. 1.2 everything works fine.

Thank you again,

Lubomir

I have had a similar issue. In my case it was the DUC software not being able to treat the non US-locale in the Regional Options settings (client pc).

Install the localized version of DUC or put the location of the PC to English (United States).

A second option is to rename the ures_ENU.dll and ures_ENU.sym (notes directory) to ures_xxx.dll and ures_xxx.sym respectively (xxx = your locale code)