cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Unity 4.04 VMO to Unity 7 Unifed Communicatons

tkuzma1022
Level 1
Level 1

I have one Unity 4.04 VMO at one site that is currently handling all our voice-mail. I need to move to a new facility in another state and at the new facility I have a server that I can install Unity 7. The question is can I run both Unity 4 VMO and Unity 7 together and move the users from Unity 4 to Unity 7 and when all users are moved decommission the Unity 4 VMO server?

I see and have asked about upgrading from Unity 4 to Unity 7 but, now I am thinking a phased migration approach since the site will now be in another state. Any comments, suggestions, or document links are appreciated.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so to be clear both these Unity servers are in the same AD directory? The same users in AD are visible/importable on both systems?

If that's the case you can use GSM to move top level user data and messages from one to the other - it doesn't get everything (no notification devices, external dependencies are not preserved and such) but greetings, voice names, passwords etc... are moved.

If you were at 4.0(5) you could follow up with COBRAS to get the remaining data but that's not an option for 4.0(4).

GSM info can be found on its home page here:

http://www.lindborglabsbeta.com/Applications/Unity/GSM/GSM.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: